Background

Monday, March 1, 2010

Update with Pictures!

So, I know it has been a long time since our last blog and I apologize. We had a great February and are definitely looking forward to March.

SNOW DAY: We had a snow day in Auburn, AL. Yes...they actually cancelled school on Friday and we got to play in the snow all day. Blake and I went to sled at the softball complex, built snowmen, made snow angels, and had a great snowball fight. There is nothing more exciting than snow, especially when school is cancelled. I know we will have to make it up in April but I am totally okay with that.
YOUTH RETREAT: As most of you know, Blake and I help with the Junior High youth group at church on Sunday nights. We took our fabulous group of students to a retreat called SIFAT. This is located in Lineville, AL about an hour north of Auburn. This was a great experience for me as well as the children. They put you in a third world country simulation where you have to work for money to get dinner, water, and shelter. This was an extremely humbling situation for everyone involved. We slept outside in 26 degree weather and froze our little behinds off! All in all, I think the trip was very powerful and made me extremely thankful for a warm bed when I returned home!
SCHOOL PARADE: Auburn is having a city wide reading initiative called Read Across Auburn. To kick off Read Across Auburn, my school had a parade where teachers dressed up as book characters and threw out prizes like bookmarks, books, stickers, and candy. I dressed up as Camilla from Bad Case of the Stripes. Oh, the things we do for our children!

BASEBALL: Auburn University baseball has finally kicked off! Sweet Caroline White came to Auburn to visit and Blake and I took her to the baseball game on Sat. They had a special induction ceremony and Bo Jackson, Tim Hudson, Gregg Olson, and Frank Thomas were all there! In a week and a half Blake and I hit the air for Europe! We are going for 11 days to Italy, London, and Paris! Details of the trip coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment