Over the past three days, I had the pleasure of chaperoning our high school youth group to Washington, D.C. for the annual March for Life. We left Thursday and flew up to DC for mass on Thursday night at the National Shrine (Catholic University). It was packed and AWESOME! I really enjoyed seeing the hundreds of priests, nuns, and other religious orders there. It seemed like it took over 30 minutes for them all to proceed out at the end of the Mass.

We then went to the Youth Rally and Mass Friday morning at the Verizon Center. It was a great experience to watch over 20,000 students participate in Mass. Afterwards, we got to participate in the March for Life, held on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade every year. I have included some better pictures I have seen of the March.


They estimated that there was over 300,000 participants. What a great sign to our government that abortion MUST GO! I had the great opportunity to discuss what pro-life exactly means with the students who went. We really got into the discussion of if pro-life is more than just anti-abortion. But, we'll leave it at that.
I took the kids on a night tour of the monuments Friday night. It was beautiful and provided a different perspective on these places. Finally, a few students and I ventured over to Arlington early Saturday morning to visit the cemetery and pay our respects. It was very cold, but very beautiful. We finished the trip with a quick run-through of the newly renovated Smithsonian Museum of American History...not impressed.
I am glad to be back home with Anne!
What an awesome opportunity! Great pics, too!
ReplyDelete